Sunday, December 7, 2008

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

What I did this summer...
Current mood: jubilant

I have gotten a few requests to clarify my travels for those who were not aware of our adventure. Here it is short and sweet:

Sylvan, Talia, Freyja the dog, and myself left Sactown in early July. We first traveled to the coast and hung out in Santa Cruz. We then headed up I-5 and hooked up with Rebecca and family near Mt. Shasta.

We were camped out in the backyard of the Buddha House in Cottage Grove, Oregon when I FINALLY learned that Genevieve was not going to accompany us on the trip. Since we make it to Oregon at least once a year I high-tailed it out of there heading for Montana. (Oh sweet montana! I cried tears of joy and whooped loudly upon crossing the Idaho border. ) We kicked it in Missoula with Stacey and Charlie. Next we headed up to Whitefish and camped out in Ryan, Shannon and Chandan's backyard. This is where the Freyja and Rufus (her doggie brother) reunion took place. After a seriously scary shortcut through Garnet Ghost Town (thanks Shannon) I further backtracked to pick up Stace in Missoula, as her car had broken down.

Stacey had an enlightening roadtrip with me and the kids. She was a phenomenal help and Talia started to call her Dadee, which was the first name Talia uttered for someone else besides mama, papito, saucy, and baby. I have since asked Stacey to be Talia's goddess mama. She accepted. YAY!!!

It took us three days to cross the great plains with S and T. It used to take me 16 hours driving it straight through. Talk about a practice in patience and acceptance.

We stopped in Fargo for lunch with Sharla and Amy and then headed to our friend Kerry's lake cabin in MN having a really fun gathering with old friends.

The ZidonSkjerseths, borudvonRudens, Josh and Sara, GardnerHogdsons, Kerry and her family, Burley, and Stacey gathered together. Good times...

Hangin' in Fargo, staying at my dad's in Georgetwon, MN. Q flew in for a week and I was able to hang with friends without the kids. Got to see Josh's band the Legionnaires ( http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=47425154 ) up in GF.

It was mid-August by the time we headed back west. We hung out in MT and Oregon again and sadly cut out visiting Sonny and Kristine and Mike and his family in Bellingham, WA. That also meant we did not make it to Sequim, WA to visit James and Emily and their family of goats.

We rolled into Sacramento near the end of August, four weeks ago tonight. We happend to choose the second hottest day of the summer out here to arrive back. Such is life...that in a nutshell with most of the details omitted is our roadtrip.

Next year there are many things I will do differently. Ideally, I will have a van of some sort, will go to WA on the way there and take a different route back say through colorado!?, probably not take Freyja, have an I-phone, take more time so I don't have to blaze through places I would like to explore, see more live music...gk

No comments: