Sunday, December 7, 2008

Monday, December 17, 2007

Monday, December 17, 2007

Chicken feet...
Current mood: nauseated

Does anyone else become easily disgusted and have waves of nausea hit them?

We had thin crust pizza for dinner and Sylvan loves pineapple on his pizza so much that I usually have an extra can of pineappla chunks in the cupboard. Tonight the juice of the extra pineapples piled on top of his slice caused the piece to get really soggy. He looked at what was left of his piece after the landslide of pineapple chunks fell to his plate. "EEEUUUWWWW it looks like chicken feet!"

Since I happen to have 20 or so pounds of chicken feet in the garage freezer that Sylvan helped me separate and bag, he knew what he was talking about. I completely lost my appetite and had to stick my head out the window. Ever since having kids this is not uncommon in my life, the waves of nausea that is, not pizza turning into chicken feet.

gk

p.s. The chicken feet are for when I make chicken stock or broth. It adds a huge amount of gelatin. Gelatinous broth means you did it right.

Currently listening :
Live at the Cow Palace: New Years Eve 1976
By The Grateful Dead
Release date: By 23 January, 2007

12:55 PM - 4 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove -

Trina M.

Since having kids I also have moments of nausea usually associated with food. The sight or smell of beef stroganoff makes me want to puke :)

Posted by Trina M. on Dec 17, 2007 9:43 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


borud

The most severe wave of nausea that hit me recently was when i was changing a poopie diaper and it smelled not like poop but like vomit.

also i was hungover and almost lost it.

was that too much information?

Posted by borud on Dec 18, 2007 10:02 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Jenell

Where do you get your chicken feet?

Posted by Jenell on Dec 18, 2007 11:47 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Jen

Wet cheerios make me gag! I think I had this affliction before the babe though.
Z

Posted by Jen on Dec 19, 2007 3:24 PM

No comments: