Sunday, December 7, 2008

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

My scary afternoon

I am on the phone talking with my chiropractor for about 10 minutes. I hear sylvan toodling around in the bedroom and bathroom. I think Talia is toodling with him. I get off of the phone and Sylvan comes running out covered in my lipstick all over his body. I laugh while wondering aloud where Talia has gone. Sylvan shrugs and I start calling out for her while looking around.

She is nowhere to be found. I start looking a bit more hurriedly and check all possible danger zones. Nowhere do I find her. Sylvan and I are looking in all of their hiding spots now both inside, outside and in the garage while shouting her name. Nothing....

I go out front and look down the street. Still no Talia.

I aked my neighbor if she has seen Talia. No. She starts helping us look for her.

We search the house again and again. We have a small house. I have looked everywhere under the bed, in closets, behind doors, in the washing machine and the dryer, everywhere. She is nowhere to be found. It has been 15 or so minutes and never has she hidden for this long.

I start to panic and think maybe I should call 911, when Sylvan shouts out, "I think I see her way way way under the bed. Yes, I can see her little chubber cheeks!!"

Thank you thank you thank you thank you. I pull the beds apart, as we have a twin and a queen side by side to create a bigger bed. Talia is sound asleep, naked, curled up on the hard floor, wedged in the way way way WAY back corner under the beds. I reach out to touch her to make sure she is alive. She is warm and breathing . Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

I looked under there and had not seen her. Sylvan is very proud that he found her. He thinks it is funny that I looked under the bed and had not seen her, but he did. Thank you thank you thank you thank you..... I am still coming down from that adrenaline rush.

Much love,

Georgia

No comments: