Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Two weeks deep into Kindergarten...
Current mood: pressured

While putting Sylvan to bed tonight this is what he told me when I reminded him that tomorrow was a school day: "Kindergarten to me is like when I am sick, I mean throwing up sick.The weekends are like ice cream, parties, bike rides, you, Freyja, Anah-kitty, gecko, cake, cupcakes, rough-and-tumble play with Jackson, candy, Marlin Perkins, just all fun mama. I had so many "highs" today I lost track. I just don't like kindergarten. It's definitely my low all the time." Ahhh poor kid. My response:"This year we are going to kindergarten."It was enough...for now. He finally settled in and flew off to magic dreamland.

Currently reading :
Women Who Run with the Wolves
By Clarissa Pinkola Estes
Release date: By 1996-11-27

7:58 PM - 4 Comments - 4 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove -

Jenell

Sylvan is such a poet, ah, pulls at my heartstrings... I wish that I could express myself so well. Hugs~

Posted by Jenell on Sep 15, 2008 2:07 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


bonny

Must get it all from his mama.
Still trying to get that book.
Working on the nightmare book.
Right now reading Barack.
Ohio Suck...more to blog about that.
Love

Posted by bonny on Sep 15, 2008 6:01 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Scott

You should remind Sylvan that school is more enjoyable if you can find a smaller kid to bully. A little extra milk money puts a smile on your face ;)

Posted by Scott on Sep 17, 2008 5:49 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Georgia

I think he has that younger kid thing figured out...he gravitates towards the girls though. He had a gaggle of younger girls who followed him everywhere last year. But this year we are at a big public school that we have to drive to and there are many more kids in his class than his sweet and gentle home-based preschool that we rode our bikes to three days a week last school year.

Posted by Georgia on Sep 17, 2008 8:54 AM

No comments: