Sunday, December 7, 2008

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Crunch
Current mood: fascinated

Ahhh, being the mom to a five year old boy is eye opening and never dull.

S and T have been taking showers instead of baths lately and recently S asked if he could bring a straw into the shower with him. I obliged without giving it much thought. The other day S told me that he most certainly does not like the taste of pee. "When have you tasted pee," I wondered out loud.

"Oh, I used the straw in the shower and peed into the straw while drinking from the other end," he said with complete innocence. I had but an instant to temper my reaction. I stay far, far away from shame in my parenting style. But my first thought was how gross. Then it quickly became laughter and we both laughed together. I don't think he will be trying this again. He told me it was disgusting and then gave a little heebie-jeebie like shudder.

What is most interesting to me besides the flexibility and creativeness of my sweet son is that I have told this story to a bunch of different people of all ages, races, and backgrounds. Most everyone thinks it's hilarious. After the laughter fades I have come to know this awkward silence from the boys and men. The silence translates to something like this:
"What?? You have never tried to drink your own pee?"

No. I have never even considered drinking my own pee. And I was not aware that many people had. I see now that people, ahem men, have been curious about the taste of their pee and have devised their own clever ways of testing.

So yet again I am left to look forward to discovering more of these mysterious secrets of men as I witness my son grow into one.

Currently listening :
Tidal
By Fiona Apple
Release date: By 23 July, 1996

6:40 AM - 3 Comments - 4 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove -

Jenna Dalton

Hey, it's not just men! They just have easier access! That is hilarious! You should look up drinking pee on the web, it's actually a health practice in many cultures! Matt lived with a guy who drank a cup every morning - no joke!
Love Jenna;)

Posted by Jenna Dalton on Mar 2, 2008 9:27 AM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Michelle

The "boy" stuff creeps me out sometimes. Ok, honestly, most times. I have a long road ahead!! Gotta love 'em!

Posted by Michelle on Mar 3, 2008 11:37 AM

No comments: