Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Saucy yaya...
Current mood: mellow

Talia's new word for Sylvan is Yaya. They play a chase game aornd the house and I hear her screaming, "YAYA YAYA, " over and over. It is really cute and sweet.

Talia is just coming into her two's. I don't happen to find the twos terrible at all.

It is a time of putting words with the things of the world. The words that come out are so funny and cute that I find myself lamenting this "stage" being over while we are experiencing it now. Get over it and be here now. Enjoy it in the moment, instead of dwelling on what is to come or rather what is to pass.

Ahh so easy to say and so hard to do. I see myself when I am living in the moment. Example:

Today at siesta time S and T were no where near being tired. Instead of losing my patience and getting frustrated, I rolled with it. Sylvan has this plastic squirt bottle of rose water. He loves the smell and the sensation of cool mist flying around his space. I had walked back into the bedroom when he said, "Look mama! I made a nice smelling mark on the sheet." He had squirted a design into the pink cotton sateen sheet with the rose water. The sheets being very smooth and just the right color darkened considerably wherever he misted.

The first thoughts in my head were:

1. STOP you are wasting the rose water.

2. Ohhh the sheets are getting wet.

3. Will they ever go to sleep?

Then I stopped myself and realised he was creating. He kept on squirting the rose water in an intricate pattern that he told me was a wildfire. Then the fire got much, much bigger. I pulled out some mending to work on while he kept squirting/growing the fire. Talia grabbed a bottle of jasmine water and started shaking. Little droplets of the water landed near the large wildfire picture. Sylvan squealed joyfully, "RAIN!!"

They worked together creating this "picture" while I mended/watched the picture grow. Of course, smokejumpers and their airplane, as well as wildland firefighters, became part of the larger creation. Finally, there was no more sheet left that was dry. Thankfully, we live somewhere really hot and dry. In no time, the sheet was back to its dry state and they were off in their state of blissful sleeping.

Wow, I could have let my impatience stop all of that. Plus, I had an idea of squirting or misting out creations via watercolor. We do many wet on wet watercolor paintings, it is the waldorf influence I carry. We are going to try watercolor paint in a squirt bottle on a wet piece of watercolor paper. I'll keep you updated.

gk

No comments: