Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Caution, dead mice ahead...
Current mood: sleepy

I was asked recently where I find the time to blog. My first thought was, I don't watch TV or many movies. The majority of my screen time is in front of the computer.
But the real answer is, I keep a journal. I have written my thoughts down on paper for many, many years. I remember my first diary, complete with a golden key and satin ribbon to mark my place. Strawberry Shortcake sat smiling on the front encircled in pink roses. I think I was eight.

I have a myriad of journals packed with my words. I only have about the last ten years worth of journals under my keep. I hope the others are safely tucked away in a semi-truck trailer parked in my family's old quoncet outside of Gardner, ND. (This semi-truck trailer is where my step-dad put all of the stuff from our house after the flood...) I won't go check though. The one time I opened the side door on the trailer a dead mouse rolled out towards me. Mice and rats give me the heebie-jeebies. Unless my sis is kind enough to go looking for me, I may never recover the really old journals.

Ahh well, I don't really care. I don't write in a journal to keep my thoughts, I write to let them go. And that dear friends is why I have been blogging. This is one aspect of my journaling. C'mon, I am being modern.

Speaking of modern, I am in the process of scanning all of my old photos and learning how to put them where I want them. stay tuned...gk

Currently listening :
Dilate
By Ani DiFranco
Release date: By 21 May, 1996

1:50 PM - 2 Comments - 3 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove -

Scott

You're doing a good job at this blogging thing. Consistency is the key and you got it. (consistently hippie gushy crap ;) Seriously, keep it up!

Posted by Scott on Oct 15, 2007 3:11 PM
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Wahhman

Great Blog, I hate Mice and Rats..they freak me out.....our place in SB had a mice and rat infestation this last summer, I spent probably 60 hours cleaning and what not...we had fucking rats (the big one).......I thought the dogs would keep them away but they would just watch them. SO I got a cat.....then I moved...to funny.

Posted by Wahhman on Oct 17, 2007 9:16 AM

No comments: