Monday, June 8, 2009

Shift Happens

 

















                                     I am happy to report that YES shift happens.  As I am preparing for this road trip I am finding myself feeling a new and different thing.
I am going to miss my home and Sacramento in general. 
 I am going to miss my bed, the tall cedar tree that stands guard in front of my house, the cool shade of the persimmon tree, the chickens, MY DOG, my friends, my rhythm, my desk and the projects sitting on top of it, firedancing, and the river. This feeling of missing things like I just mentioned is new for me.   
This is the shift.  


The spell that the road has held me in for so long seems to be fading.  I am curious as to what this summer will bestow upon me and my family.  I am no longer trying to bandage up my cracks, and instead am using ample amounts of forgiveness and grace as a balm.  Digging up from a source previously unknown gobs of sweet and cooling salve that I visualise rubbing all over my cracks.  My parts put back together in a new way that is whole instead of hodgepodge.

2 comments:

Jenell said...

Tell me again. How long will you be gone?

I am (selfishly) glad for the shift. I also hope that you have a glorious road trip!

See you on the flip side....

Georgia said...

Two-and-a-half months. I will return in time for the fall semester which starts August 22 and to celebrate Talia's fourth birthday August 23.